SEO Guide for Beginners:
SEO is a dynamic and rapidly growing field. Hence, it is essential for individuals and businesses to stay updated with all the latest trends to stay at the top. SEO is one of the most demanding job opportunities for youngsters in the present era. SEO Guide for Beginners.
Moreover, it requires more effort than embedding a few links, posting outdated content and adding one or two keywords to target a wider organic audience and focus on the search rankings to increase the degree of visibility your brand has.
Off Page vs On Page SEO
There are two types of search engine optimization, on page SEO and off page SEO.
On Page SEO
On page SEO optimizes the website on its own to gain relevant traffic on your website.
Off Page SEO
Off page SEO uses external signals to create an impact on the authority of website.
Both of these practices would allow the traffic to gain from search engines as stated by various search engine journals:
“Embedding links are important but on page seo optimization can prove to be more effective for most companies”
As stated by Google, in order to achieve greater seo results, the owner should keep on updating his website and make small yet significant changes online.
SEO checklist for Beginners:
Sites are created for clean indexing by various search engines therefore, the content posted and the way it is presented on the website describes your business. Moreover, people would conveniently find you online by typing a few catch phrases that would link them to your website. Before you launch your website, there are a few points that need to be checked to make sure that it is optimized for your visitors to obtain a higher and competitive ranking:
- Generate backlinks to your website
- Create quality content
- Be consistent with your content
Moreover, Search engines like Bing and Google use a tool bot that crawls pages online and travel from one website to another in order to obtain relevant information for verification purposes and put them in a form of index.
SEO keywords Guide for Beginners:
Searching of keywords is the most technical but significant part of search engine optimization. To rank your website in google search results, include keywords that would match the search phrases or terms that people use to find relevant site. This would allow search engines to consider your website more relevant for the audience as compared to your competitors.
Types of keywords
There are two main categories of keywords:
These include descriptive and multi words such as blue car, glass plates and videography Pk. Moreover, these seo keywords would allow specific targeting and rank your website with convenience.
These consist of minor keywords which acquire greater search volume like, glass, videographer, and car. Such seo keywords would target a wider audience but are more difficult to rank.
Coming up with ideas<h3>
To create a list of keywords, make a list of the following key points:
Choose your target audience, their needs and to ensure that your product satisfies their demands. This can be according to the income level they are on, education, gender and even with reference to their geographical location.
Product and Brand:
Description of your brand and site including the industry it belongs to and the company name. Moreover, list the services and products that you would provide and thoroughly explain all the features.
Briefly take an overview of your competitor’s website to check up on the words they are using to search and attract traffic.
The keyword selected should be difficult as it explains the broadness of it, how often people search for the keyword and the competition it has. A great tool to use for keyword searching is the Google Ads Keyword Planner.
The keywords selected should be relevant as irrelevant keywords have a relatively lower search volume. Keep using the current good performing keywords once your website is established by using the search keywords panel.
Ranking your name should be a priority as your company name should appear easily when searched for it.
Use of Built in tools
If your site is established, using the built-in tools should be your top priority to analyze the keywords that are being used by the competitors.
Visit your site search keywords analytics to check all the recent searches of visitors on your site. Moreover, visit your panel of search keywords to analyze the keywords that are currently driving traffic on your site.
Search engines see where keywords are appearing on your website thus; prioritize few areas of your site over others.
A few examples of places where you should add your keywords are as follows:
- Site domain
- Site title
- URL page slugs
- SEO title, page and description
- Heading and body of the text
- Captions, graphs, images
- Tags, keywords and search engine
Request an index with Bing and Google for them to find your new content posted on website, quickly.
- After indexing, ranking may require time so, use other tools than keywords.
- Use site’s analytics tool and activity log to see the website traffic.
- By using the incognito mode on your browser, check the placement of your website on Google and Bing and how it changes with time.
Keyword strategy is an ongoing process and should evolve with time to get better rankings. Replacement of low performing keywords, upgradation of content and tracking competition is essential for relevance of your website.
Ways to improve your SEO
If you are an owner of a website and are in desperate need of SEO optimization, following is how you can excel:
As soon as you launch your website, you should:
- Verify your website with the tool, Google search console. After verification, it would allow you to manage the presence of your website in search results of Google for visitors to find you.
- Request a Google index by Google bots to review your search results and websites for it to rank your new content.
- Bing Master tools can be used to verify your website with Bing by managing the presence of your website in Yahoo and Bing’s search results.
- Connecting with Google Analytics would allow tracking of website visitors on your website through integration with Google.
- Enabling AMP creates a different version of your blog as it stripes down the website for it to work faster on cell phones.
After the launch
After successful launch of your website, editing and adding content on your website should be in such a way that it remains as friendly as possible. Use your website’s tools of analytics and visit the search keywords panel along with the other relevant ones to keep an eye on the traffic, content and search engine ranking of your site.
Keep up with Google Analytics would allow effective integration with Google Analytics for reporting and tracking of visitors.
Updating your strategy would allow optimizing your website to produce best content online.
Change the URL slug or redirect broken links on your site to forward the visitors from old to new and correct page.
Keep updating and adding content on you site which would frequently help the search engines to see how active the site is. Furthermore, the most effective way of updating content is by blogging.
By building your website, there are a few things that should be kept in mind:
- Strategize keywords
- Include text on your website including the descriptions and page titles that would match the phrases used by people to find other relevant sites.
- Add structure to your content, pages and heading to keep a skim- friendly searching to navigate the content on your site.
- Adding Alt text to the images would increase the accessibility for the visitors who use assistive screen readers and it also facilitates the search engines identify the content being posted on the page.
- Add SEO descriptions and sharing logos to newly added pages on your website.
- The images should have readable file names which can also be used as Alt text. Moreover, the best practice to follow is to create image file names.
- Adding different categories and tags to organize the blog posts, gallery images and other content on your website would help visitors navigate through your website.
- Content linking on your site, where relevant can connect various pages of yours to others.
- Customization of URL slugs, such that as you collect items and add pages, it reflects the content of your page.
- The images uploaded on the page should be under 500 kb and the overall page size should be kept under the size of 5 MB.
Hope this article could clear the basis of search engine optimization to make your website the bestselling websites and to further enhance online business market around the globe.